View 179,172 Reviews on 3,961 Auto Transport Companies.
Facebook Twitter Google+

Reviews:

Reviews from All Customers.

Reviews from Customers who would use the company again.

Reviews from Customers who would NOT use the company again.

Newest Reviews

Please make selections above and click "Run Report" Run Report
Previous 1 2 3 Next
Page 1 of 8
Reviews 1-25 of 199
I really dont know where to begin.This company is very unreliable! They had one of there shippers,as they are just brokers and hire out the shippers.They had my truck picked up and then had it for 35days!! before it was delivered to me damaged.The whole time they gave me multiple stories and kept saying ill call you back which they never do.I put in a claim with the drivers insurance as he is self employed and doesnt work directly for autotrans123,only to find out that his insurance was not up to date,cancelled for non payment over a month ago!!I have a torn leather drivers seat,a smashed in rear fender,the tailgate is bent,and two dents in the fender.Now what to do.I will certainly be contacting my lawyer over this.I would at least assume that this broker would make sure its drivers are at least insured properly.Do yourself a favor and stay far away from auto transport 123!!!!!!...[More]
By frank haskell on Auto Transport 123 about 9 Hours Ago
Response from Auto Transport 123
Keith about 9 Hours Ago
We and our insurance company have contacted frank multiple times for the BIL and supporting documents in regards to his claims. We stand behind our cu...[More]
Let me just start by saying that on the minimum level, Mark did what was required of him as a broker and booked the trucker per my request. He also did it near the cost that was quoted, which was good. Now the bad: the driver was supposed to pick the car up around the 4:30 PM time frame - he called us in NJ from Philadelphia at 7:30, and arrived to pick the car up at 11:30PM. The car was delivered the next day- the kicker here is that, I was promised by the driver that the car would be delivered "sometime in the afternoon." He called me at 11:30PM telling me that he was 2.5 hours away. When I refused to pick the car up at 2:30AM, the only other option he gave me for a dropoff time was 5AM. I reluctantly picked up the car at the ungodly hour of 2:30 AM (after all, he was carrying my car and had the upper hand). Afterwards, I made a complaint to Mark and have waited until today (it has been about 10 days since I received the car). I have tried to talk to him every couple days to see what was going on, if he was doing anything to formally make a complaint to the shipping company, and if any formal complaints had been logged on central dispatch. Having gotten my money already for the broker fee, though, the service is not as prompt, and all I get as a response is that the shipping company cannot be reached at this time. I am writing about my experience here for others to see that, yes, maybe at the basic level, all my needs were met (quote was reasonable, car delivered as promised). However, I also would not want anybody else to go through what I did, and based on that, I cannot recommend Dynamic to others. If I am paying the brokerage fee, I believe all my complaints should be logged regardless of where in the process I am....[More]
By SEAN HWANG on Dynamic Auto Movers about 9 Hours Ago
TOTAL SCAM !!! CUSTOMERS BEWARE !!! These scammers are out to steal your money. They promise pickup and delivery by a set date for a set price and require a $100 deposit. Once you pay the deposit, you never hear from them again unless you get lucky and they answer the phone. If they do, they make excuses as to why your vehicle has not been picked up and promise to call you with more information. They never call back. If you do get in touch with them again, they tell you the price to ship the vehicle has gone up. Once you decided they are a scam and ask for a refund of the deposit, they yell profanities and tell you that you will never receive a refund. Again.....TOTAL SCAM !!!! ...[More]
By Tim on Fast Track Auto Carriers about 10 Hours Ago
Unfortunately I must give this company a "0" review. After an initial and very cordial first contact, and an excellent price, I felt confident that my car would be in good hands. Unfortunately, this company did not live up to that expectation. I specifically asked about the car being picked up on either 1/28 or 1/29 as my husband was flying home on the 30th. I was assured this would be so. On the 28th I called the company and was told that "yes, either today or tomorrow.". On the 29th, between my husband and myself we must have called at least a dozen times. Not once did we get a person! I received one voicemail back that my car was on an ASAP list (what happened to the 28th or 29th?), and they would get back to me when the driver was available. My husband received no return phone calls. On Saturday the 30th (after we had to make other arrangements) I was contacted that a driver would be picking the car up that day. When I spoke with Brad he said that "well,' usually there's a 5 day window of time for pickup." Why wasn't I told this before? The most unfortunate aspect of this was that, had Brad made a point of returning our phone calls til he reached one of us, and had he told us the car was definitely being picked up on Saturday, we might have been able to make that arrangement and would have let it go. I give the company zero for it's poor customer service and inability to respond to a customer's repeated calls. They have to do better than that.......[More]
By Diana Treglia on Lightning Auto Carriers about 10 Hours Ago
Response from Lightning Auto Carriers
Brad about 8 Hours Ago
This is a false review. This is not from a customer of ares. This is from a competitor. We searched are entire system and could not pull up anything a...[More]
The only reason I came to know this company was because our movers hired them. They called us after picking up the car and said they won't work with our movers because they didn't trust them. I then had to send them money directly and they don't take wires or credit cards. Somehow the price increased 100 dollars from the agreed upon amount. I had to mail them a check and thank goodness I sent it with tracking because they said they never got it. Once I provided the tracking number they saw that it was delivered but they didn't answer so it was at the post office. During all this my car missed the Matson ship it was supposed to be on because they hadn't been paid and I eventually got my car in Hawaii a week later than I was supposed to. When I received the car the entire back windshield was gone. I know the logistics of moving can make things take longer than anticipated but the unprofessionalism of this business was horrible. We had to jump through hoops to pay them and my car was damaged in their care, Matson noted that it was deliver to them damaged. Avoid the headaches and use someone else....[More]
By Rebekah on Smooth Auto Transport about 11 Hours Ago
Hello everyone, I found Gold Coast Auto number and I called them to ship my car from California to Alabama. At the beginning, they said that the driver will pick up the car at Dec23rd. Also, they took 200$ as a deposit, On Dec23 Ashley one of the members said that they postponed the pick up date to Dec24th for some odd reasons, and he also asserted that the driver will contact me at the morning but no one did! Now I have been calling since 9 AM to 10 PM and no one answered, but when my friend tried and called they called him back. The worst thing is they ignored him also when they discovered that he is my friend. I wrote this review just to let you know guys that they scammed us, so they could do the same thing to anyone else....[More]
By mohammad redha on Gold Coast Auto Carriers on Feb 9 2016 10:16PM
So the delivery man called my phone looking for my house but in our conversation on directions to my house the driver states my gear shifter on my steering column snapped at the steering column. The driver states the mechanics that were working on my truck told the driver of the problem. For one I left my truck in south Carolina because I changed out my radiator and I had to leave it in south Carolina because of my move being in the military. I called my mechanics and like I thought the conversation from the driver and my mechanics never had a conversation about my gear shifter having problems. Once the driver got to my house he didn't know how to get the truck off. Which tells me he broke it when he put it on the trailer. So as I grab what was left of my shifter with twonfinger and a small screw driver I put inside the hole of my broken shifter I press on my brake pedal, the driver then says to me, " you have to press the brake pedal to shift your gears?" That's how I knew he broke the shifter. He probably drove the truck onto the trailer, placed the emergency brake on and forced the shifter into park without placing his foot into the brake pedal. He snapped it while on the trailer. Now I tried calling, emailing your company Brad. No response so far. I told you I would leave a review on social media. Now the next step is to go to my legal office on Fort Stewart and get your company black listed from all military service members. And wheny wife asked for a military discount someone I don't have the name said there was no military discount. Now as I was trying to find the owners name infound out from your Facebook page that you give a $50 military discount. So if you try to say the discount was included, I have the quote that your company emailed prior to our conversation and the same quote I was emailed before you new I was military is what I was charged. Like insaidnnext Tuesday if indo not get a phone call before then I will be going to my legal office.l...[More]
By Corey Tanner on United American Auto Transport on Feb 9 2016 9:44PM
LLD Trucking had to transport 2 vehicles from CA to NC. The driver Yuri got paid upfront, picked up the cars, and delivered them 14 days after the initial delivery date (which was 5 days after the pickup date!!!!). The driver Yuri almost never picked up his phone, and refused to explain why he is late. When I finally got in contact with him (day 8 of the transport!!!) he refused to give any kind of explanation as to why he is so late. I kept asking for a valid reason, but Yuri threatened that he would leave the vehicles on the road (he got paid the whole amount upfront - BIG mistake trusting this guy). I kept calling him almost every day to check with his progress - he would either tell me that he'll be late a few more days, or he wouldn't pickup the phone at all. Finally, after 19 days of transport the vehicles were delivered. Yuri promised that he would refund $500.00 of the $2500.00 he got for the transport, however he said that he'll have to wire me the money, since he doesn't have that much cash on him. Reluctantly I agreed - and as you might expect, he never picked up his phone again. Don't ever hire LLD Trucking for car transport, or for anything else, unless you want to have the same experience as I did. ...[More]
By Nick on LLD Trucking Inc. on Feb 9 2016 6:36PM
We moved a car for them in Dec 2015 and 45 days later are still waiting for payment. I was told by Danielle in Accounting that 'management' had not approved our payment yet, despite our 'clean' Proof of Delivery - she didn't know why. The only thing dependable with DAS is headache and grief....[More]
By Nik on Dependable Auto Shippers on Feb 9 2016 4:50PM
In early Sept 2015 my ex wife and I contracted United Auto Movers to move a vehicle from NY to Florida for my son. At the time the UAM office was very helpful and the pricing was good. $700 was the cost to ship, a $100 down payment and the $600 balance due upon delivery on 9/14/15. Our contract number was 16473. I have all paperwork to back this up. After a couple delays the driver notified my son he would be at a store parking lot on US 19 Palm Harbor FL, this was due to the size of the hauling vehicle not being able to pull down our street. My son waited at the store parking lot for 3 more hours when finally the transport truck arrived. To my surprise, my son calls me and explains that the transport company wants another $200 in addition to the $600 and they will not release the vehicle until paid. I was very upset with this bate and switch process however I paid the additional money so we could get the vehicle. Or we would have had to pay storage fees. When I called United Auto Movers (Joe Franzese) the next day, (they did not answer the day of delivery) they did apologized for the confusion and said they would reimburse me the $200. After many conversations with United Auto Movers over several months and now with them blocking my number I have never received the difference as promised. I only hope that this gets read by everyone who wants to hire this underhanded, bait and switch, lying cheating company. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to me United Auto Movers, you beat me out of $200. I gave them a 5 for being knowledgeable on ripping me off...[More]
By Bob Kelly on United Auto Movers on Feb 8 2016 10:00PM
The worst ever experience. While booking they said 732 which can be paid through credit card. Later they took 50 dollars for credit card. 15 times called for pick up. Excuses or no reply. One it is picked no response. If i call the company they tell to contact the driver and send a rescheduled delivery date. It continued for a week. Worst response from everybody including Manager. Lost extra money, extra days and car rentals too. No compensation or sorry for this mess...[More]
By Rajesh Paryachery on Montway Auto Transport on Feb 8 2016 9:50PM
I had a new vehicle to go from Oklahoma City to Tucson. Given that it was an F550 cab & chassis, I was told it may take a few days to secure the route. Made reservation with them on Friday and they asked for a deposit. Conversation went well and everyone sounded knowledgeable and able to fulfill the request. Paid the deposit with a credit card and was told by about Monday they should have an idea as to when the delivery would take place. I called (3 times) and left a message on Monday for an update - no response. I called Tuesday (4 tries) and a second gentleman (different than the person who took the order) assured me I would hear back from them by the end of the day - no word. I called again on Wednesday morning and after multiple attempts (5 tries) got the same person. He said he would contact me within the next hour or two - no response. I called Thursday (7 tries) over about a 3 hour window and finally left a message to cancel the order. How they choose to handle the refund of the deposit within and with the credit card company still remains. Reviews, poor ones, mostly state communication issues with which I agree. Lack of communication normally translates to lack of ability to get things done. One other note is email communication I received was mostly automated and all sent by "info@". No personal emails or numbers and no last names which also lends itself to lack of accountability. Think twice before using and be cautious....[More]
By Rion on Wolfepack Transport on Feb 8 2016 8:53PM
BEWARE !!BEWARE !! DON'T DEAL WITH THEM THEY SAID ONE THING AND CHARGED ME ANOTHER !!! I BOUGHT A VW ON EBAY CHECKED ON THEIR "PREFERRED BROKERS" PUT IN MY REQUEST and got lots of calls, then I found out I had been on a brokers "already my customer" board at this (dispatch ) site by this co. well to make this story short. I was looking for the cheapest way to get the vw here (naturally)so I contacted this broker(HAUL AWAY LO....... (the co that had me on the board as theirs )and talked to a VINCENT CABAS ,i was told he probably couldn't find a driver for the price what I was look asking for but he would try .Another broker had given me a good bid I sort of liked and I texted VINCENT texted me to say he had a driver ready to go & the cost would be ... and I told VINCENT of that he emailed me saying that he ( the competitor) couldn't get his driver..so I ended up sighing with him for $850 100 to him and the balance to the driver MAG HAUL 916825-5818 which WAS GREAT!!!!!!! VERY Professional ! AND TOOK GREAT CARE WITH THE CAR ! ((I give THEM 5 STARS!!!!!) so BE IT SAID I was quoted $850 AND ended up paying $950 and broker fee went from$100 to $125 !!!if you HAVE BEEN WARNED!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!@...[More]
By orson erickson on Haul Away Logistics LLC on Feb 8 2016 7:02PM
After seeing the 5 star reviews for the mercury, I selected it to ship my accord. After getting the deposit, I didn't hear back for 3-4 days and had to call back for the updates. finally 4 days before my move date, I received the email from chase with $50 more than quote price, still no call from him. I had to call back and ask why has he sent more than the price agreed upon earlier, he just said that he is not able to get a driver with quote price and if i don't agree the care pick up will be delayed. This is least I expected from a 5 star company. Good part was that driver was good and delivered the car in 5 days. Also there was no tracking provided by Mercury while my car was on the way. My other car was shipped by other company which was set up by my employer, they provided the regular updates from pick up to delivery....[More]
By Pradeep S on Mercury Auto Transport LLC on Feb 8 2016 5:13PM
Response from Mercury Auto Transport LLC
Matthew Sandomir about 2 Hours Ago
Thank-you for your feedback. We don't charge a deposit until we have a carrier and you have agreed to the price. Unfortunately this was the best offer...[More]
Ground Force One was contracted by my broker Auto Transport 123 to pick up my car in Manhattan, New York on January 7, 2016 and actually picked up on the 9th. The car was to be delivered in 4 to 6 days to a shop in Sealy, Texas. They were informed at the start of the contract that the shop was not open on weekends. The truck with the car arrived in Houston the 15th where other drops were made but was too late in getting to the shop in Sealy before they closed and could not unload. I had called dispatch at 8:30 a.m. and again at 3:30 p.m. that day to ask about the delivery since I did not receive the promised call the day before delivery and I told them during the last call they would not make closing time and would not be able to deliver. The driver did not make it before closing and the shop refused to take delivery on Saturday as they were closed despite apparently numerous harassing calls to the shop salesman. The driver showed up at 9:48 a.m. Monday in spite of the shop opening at 8 a.m. then proceeded to get angry at having to wait because he was #3 in line. He stayed for 1 hour and 7 minutes, reloaded the car on the truck and delivered it to a shipping agent in Houston some 60 miles from the shop. Ground Force One then notified me I was responsible for the additional $175 'TERMINAL' fee and they would not release the name of the shipping agent until I deposited cash for the balance of the delivery cost (acceptable) AND the fee (unacceptable). Had the driver stayed at the shop 20 minutes more - he could have delivered the car and would have received the check for the shipping. Direct negotiation with Ground Force One to pay half the 'terminal' fee was rejected by them. There is a LOT more detail to this story than presented here. I found out later after this fiasco that they were not insured and had a license revoked. I strongly suggest not dealing with these folks at all....[More]
By Steven Paine on Ground Force One on Feb 7 2016 4:52PM
On December 20, 2015 I contacted American Car Transporters to transport a car from Homestead, Fla to Thomasville, Georgia. It is an 8 hour ride, 500 miles. I spoke to Sam and he seemed like a honest person but he is really a slick salesman that promises great service. After arranging a pickup and getting my 150.00 deposit I never spoke to him again and was passed off to ally. I told them that the car must be gone by 1/4/2016!!! IMPERATIVE!! They guaranteed it. I had listed both enclosed and open trailer so anybody who would call would get it. I was quoted 300.00. Nobody called me from American Auto Trans and time was getting close. Finally on the 4th I called to complain and they suddenly sent some guy from Miami GArdens with a rig that a 4 wheel truck would have a hard time to get on it. I have a corvette sportscar and they sent a truck hauler trailer. this was 5 pm on 1/4/16. I was now paying a guy in georgia to wait for a car that was not coming... I told them if this car is here after 6 pm on 1/4 our contract is void because services were not rendered. I lost money and got another carrier who got the car out the next day. I did a charge back on my credit card but american car transport recharged the 150 for services not rendered. they are liars and not only raise the price but dont bother to send a carrier. they all had long holiday weekends and the hell with the people needing there service. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE BUMS. They dont deliver on there promises but they still want there deposit even if nothing was done on there part. It is a stealing family business preying on innocent people who are just trying to move there cars....[More]
By eduardo ramos on American Car Transporters Inc. on Feb 7 2016 12:13PM
promised to be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday to a Service man returning from being deployed Called Wednesday told it would be there thursday Waited all afternoon never showed up Delivering truck went right past area he was in to deliver another car one hour and half south Then was coming back to deliver his car. On thursday night called and they said car would not be delivered till some time Friday Finally arrived Friday afternoon Costing Service man taxi fees and rental car fees Not even a sorry for anything...[More]
By Leon Aboosamara on National Transport LLC on Feb 7 2016 12:28AM
Vehicle arrived in dirtiest possible condition including grease inside the vehicle. Damage to vehicle and poor communication with promise to help with damage and then unwilling to respond. DO NOT USE this company....[More]
By Alex on Victory Shipping LLC on Feb 6 2016 5:01PM
I paid for Liberty Auto Transport to transport my vehicles in a enclosed trailer and they transported them in an open trailer and kept the difference. On Tuesday, 1/19/2016, I contracted with Liberty Auto Transport to pick up my two vehicles in Milwaukee, WI on 1/22/16 and transport them to Sanford, FL on an open transport for $950. On 1/20/2016 I was contacted by Shawn Walker, the Sales Supervisor and was told that the transport that I was originally booked on was no longer available, however, an enclosed transport was available to pick up my vehicles on the same day, however, there would be an additional charge of $200 because the transport was enclosed. I agreed to this increase in price. My vehicles were picked up on 1/21/16. However, on Saturday, 1/23/16, I contacted the driver to ask about his progress. He told me that his transport was not enclosed, that it was open. I then tried to contact Liberty Auto Transport, however, after leaving 6 messages over 1/23 and 1/24, I did not receive a call back. I finally was able to contact Shawn Walker on Monday, 1/25/16 and told him of the discrepancy. He promised to get back to me within 1 hour with a solution to the problem. He never did. On Tuesday, 1/26, I asked to talk to the owners of the company and was referred to Michael and Randy. I contacted Randy and explained the issue. He promised to get back to me with a resolution within the hour, however, I never heard from him. When I tried to call him again, he hung up on me or shifted me to voicemail. I was able to talk with Shawn again on 1/28/16 and he stated that he reviewed the tapes of our conversation and agreed that a mistake had been made. I asked for Liberty Auto Transport to credit my credit card $200 to pay for the difference and Shawn said that he would discuss it with the owners and get back to me as soon as possible. He never did. On Friday, 1/29/16, I was called by Valerie in Billing and was offered a credit of $50. I originally did not accept this offer, however, I realized that this company was immoral and I should accept whatever was offered. I accepted the offer later in the day on 1/29/16. I still have not received the $50 credit and now my calls are not being answered at all. I feel that I have been badly treated by this company and have been the victim of a "bait and switch" scam. ...[More]
By Peter Krug on Liberty Auto Transport on Feb 6 2016 3:39AM
All talk and no action! Scott initially claimed they would work to get a trucker and specifically agreed they would not charge my credit card until after the car was picked up. You guessed it, my card got charged and no pickup happened. Then Keith said the job could be done for another $100 and that he would reverse the charge. You guessed it, neither ever happen. I then fired them, but had to go back to my bank in order to get a charge back on the deposit they were not suppose to pull until after the car got picked up and worse yet, they never cancelled the listing which prevented me from being activated with another broker. Use at your on Risk and loss....[More]
By Charlie Naslund on Wolfepack Transport on Feb 5 2016 3:45AM
this parasite '"mike", WHICH IS NOT EVEN HIS REAL NAME ....!!!!!, is very good about taking your deposit money and promising the stars, until he gets your deposit, and then......he's gone, screwing more people..... he never send to get my car and when i called him back he got upset and started telling me to go F- - my self and look for someone else to help me and that he was not going to return my money......he's basically a low life THIEF and I could press charges but a low life like this ain't worth my or no one else time....that's what his worth....100 miserable bucks.....he has to still from honest people because he doesn't know how to earn money the honest way.......avoid this RAT and this company, in general, try not to hire a broker, hire the trucking company directly, sadly I learned my lesson too late......he gets a -0 on every review.....DISAPPOINTING.......so croocked that he doesn't even uses his name......never ever.....use this phony broker...[More]
By tony prats on Reliable Auto Transport Of Ft Lauderdale on Feb 5 2016 1:05AM
I was given a quote of $300.00 +/- 50.00 from Frank to transport my car from Wisconsin to Minnesota. There was no hurry to move it. About 2 weeks later I was got a voice mail that their was a transport that could get my car moved. When I called it was another associate and not Frank We spent about 15-20 minutes on the phone getting the time down to when the truck could come to my house. After that he started talking about the price. I was figuring I was going to pay $350.00 which would have been fine. After some time he said that the price would be $800.00 explaining there were no other transports around I responded by saying he could have another two weeks to find another transport for the quoted price. He insisted there were no other transports around to move it. I finally told him to cancel the agreement since they couldn't hold up their side of the agreement. A couple of months later I opened up my credit card bill to find out that A1A was charging me $50.00 for administrative fees. This was absurd because it was A1A who didn't find a transport. We sent emails back and forth and in them they said that they gave me another quote of $500.00 which is a lie because I never received that one and another one for $350.00 about 5 days after I canceled. At that point I had found another transport company and the car was already delivered to Minnesota. I took the first step and complained to the New Jersey BBB and they sent an email about a month after that, that A1A never responded to the complaint. This was very unprofessional of A1A not to respond. I would never recommend this company to anyone if they quote you one price which is in the agreement and come back wit hone that is over twice the .amount...[More]
By Not A Satisfied Customer on A1A Express Auto Shipping LLC on Feb 5 2016 12:01AM
I originally went with this company because they offered me the lowest quote of 5 companies. Original quote was 1350$. My original order was placed on 22 DEC. I was told it would be 1-7 days until my vehicle was on a truck. I then Called on 29 DEC -this was the 7 day mark. I got a brief update, was told I would receive a call by the end of the day with a more thorough update. Never received a call. Called on 30 DEC -spoke with a very nice woman and I then explained to her what had happened. She apologized and said she will get an update and call me on 31 DEC with an update and work hard on my vehicle. Never received a call. I then attempted to call again on 1 JAN, didn't get an answer due to the holiday. After that I then received a call from Tyra (I think that was her name) who told me I would now be dealing with her and gave me her direct line. Time went on with more calls not returned and no answers to my questions. Unfortunately it was near a month at this point, and it took me being ready to switch companies in order for them to get me on the phone with the owner. Once I spoke with the owner things were much better. I told him I needed the car out here as soon as possible (after waiting a month) even if that meant I paid more then the quote. That same day they offered me a 2000$ option (it was enclosed) which was simply too much for me. At that point it made more sense just to fly home and drive it back. The next day I called again and told them if they can get it done up to the 1600 mark I would be interested if not, I would drive it myself. All of a sudden the next day they had something lined up. After they found a driver, the rest went perfect because the transaction was now in another companies hands. I understand that the 1350$ was just an estimate, but I am dumbfounded that it took me, after a month, to tell them more money is okay, for them to line something up. If these offers came within the 7 day mark I wouldn't expect them to tell me, but near a month, and with how much I told them I was in need of the vehicle, it's surprising it took a great deal of effort on my part to make this happen. ...[More]
By Cody Adams on Cavalier Auto Transport on Feb 4 2016 3:25PM
Response from Cavalier Auto Transport
Lauren on Feb 4 2016 3:43PM
Cody thank you for your feedback. We did offer you the best quote out of all the responses you received. All of our quotes are based off of availabili...[More]
I recently hired Auto Transport 123 to transport my daughter's car from Massachusetts to Los Angeles. Seeking a broker was an eye-opening experience for me to a business that I did not even realize existed to the extent that it does. I signed a contract with Auto Transport 123, specifically with Tara as my "personal contact", and based on what she sold me - 1) a guaranteed price (though they were the highest of the 8 bids I received) 2) a one-truck, one-driver transport and 3) her word that she would be my personal contact during the entire transport process, from pick-up through delivery. Well, her price to me was guaranteed, though her share of the total increased within hours of contract signing. At this point, as far as I can tell from piecing this transport together the best I can, my car was in the hands of 3 drivers, 3 trucks and a TRAIN. The short story is that Tara stated that my daughter's car would take approximately 7-10 days to be moved BY TRUCK to California. It was only at pick-up that the first truck driver explained that it was first going to a rail station in NJ to be loaded onto a train as this is the only way that this particular company transports. I have nothing against train transport- I do, however, have a problem with paying for a service and not being given straight answers. The last contact I had with Tara was on the morning after my car was picked up and I called her with the hope that she could explain exactly the method of transport. At that time, Tara insisted that I was misinformed and explained that she "would never transport my car by rail" because she "would never transport her own car by rail." I am not sure what Tara has against train transport, but she sure did send up red flags that morning! Without going into detail regarding her rationale of why truck was better than train, Tara promised to get answers for me as to the whereabouts of my car, all while insisting that my car was on a truck. I never did get answers from Tara since I have to believe that she now realized my car was indeed on a train and there wasn't a thing she could do about it, except ignore me. Feeling frustrated and not getting honest answers as to the whereabouts of my car from Tara, I began calling the transport dispatcher directly (CFR Autodirect), and on day 2 after pick-up, I was told that, yes, my car was on a TRAIN to California. For the next 10 days, I called the CFR dispatchers in Miami, New Jersey and Los Angeles, and each time my call was answered and my questions and concerns addressed by very polite and helpful employees. Through a simple phone call each day, I was apparently able to do a better and more efficient job than Tara (my paid broker!) at tracking my car on a TRAIN. My daughter's car was delivered to her door and everyone is happy. My complaints with Auto Transport 123 and Tara as my broker are 1) What exactly did they do to earn their $275? NOTHING! I expected more. As the single highest bidder of this transport, I expected something and got nothing- and 2) How is it that EVERYONE, from the pick-up driver to the dispatchers, knew my car was being transported by train EXCEPT Auto Transport 123 and Tara, the very people I hired as my BROKER! Let me close by saying, under no circumstances would I use Auto Transport 123 again - I would have been equally served by the lowest bidder in this process considering the service I got, the frustration I endured and the effort I had to put in to track my car down. I would, however, go directly to CFR Autodirect at 1-877-779-7950 and hire them again for a future transport. They were courteous, helpful, honest and delivered my daughter's car on time....[More]
By Stephen on Auto Transport 123 on Feb 4 2016 1:55AM
Response from Auto Transport 123
Keith on Feb 4 2016 2:43PM
There was a miscommunication with dispatch in regards to which company this order was dispatched to our apologies for that. With our apologies being ...[More]
Anthony Amato at All Weather Transport will give you a low ball number which has no relation to what the price will be in the end. The price I ended up paying was $150 more than the original price. Buried in the contract is a statement about how the price can change. Also, on the contract you have to give him $150 which is called a DEPOSIT. Also buried in the contract it states that this is a FEE. It is not a deposit towards the price of the transport as you are led to believe because of the intentional misrepresentation of this fee on the first page of the contract. It took forever for him to find a truck and when he did finally find a driver he did not inform me that there was a price increase. I didn't find out until the driver was demanding cash when he delivered the car....[More]
By Michael on All Weather Auto Transport on Feb 4 2016 1:07AM