View 151,246 Reviews on 3,568 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 151,247th Review now!

Poster:K. Hastings
Date:10/25/2010 4:02:00 PM
Reviewed:Bluestar Auto Movers
Subject: Don't Use this Carrier
Review:I searched with the BBB and thought this company would be a good company to ship my cars with. It was the worse decision I made. If you value your car(s) please look for another carrier. I had shipped two cars with this carrier. Both showed up in terrible condition. Both of my cars were garage kept and didn't have a single mark on them. When the driver arrived, he told me that is what everyone says. He couldn't find one mark on either car. He even asked me if I even drive the cars. I just take good care of my vehicles. I was shocked that they cars showed up in Arizona with oil all over them. The response I received from the driver is at least your cars weren't as bad as the one's on the bottom of the truck. Then he tells me that he took his truck to a truck was and tried to clean my cars off. I have contacted the BBB and the response they keep getting back from Bluestar is that we are a broker and not responsible for this. That is unacceptable to me. They didn't return my call for over a week. They are not pushing it back at me saying nothing was noted on the bill of lading. No it wasn't I was so frustrated seeing the condition of my cars I was fuming. I called them and sent them an email message and no response back from them. I ihave gone back and forth with the BBB and there response is we are just a broker. So, I would suggest if you are looking for your cars to arrive in good condition, I would search for another automobile transporation company. I though if they would detail my two cars for a total ofl $200.00 I would have dismissed this with the BBB. However, they just keep stating that it is not their fault and we are just a broker and you should contact your insurance company. DON'T USE BLUESTAR.

Response:Posted by a representative of Bluestar Auto Movers on 10/26/2010 12:31:00 PM
Mr. Hastings, as we explained in the past, we are very sorry to hear about your situation. However, as your agent, our responsibility to you is to make sure that we contract insured carriers that have an active DOT license to operate. In your case, and every other transport that we coordinate, our responsibility is met. We screen our drivers regularly to ensure that are customers are well taken care of. Your responsibility as a customer, is to make sure that you inspect the car when it arrives and note any damages on the Bill of Lading (Condition Report) before signing it and accepting the condition that it’s in. As you stated in your review, you failed to do so. Now you are angry with us because we cannot resolve the matter for you. This is unfair to us. The carrier that transported your vehicle was and is insured to handle any damages caused. Had the damages been noted on the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery and not after the fact, we would have been able to help you in filing a claim with the carriers insurance. Unfortunately, we don’t have any proof from you showing that the cars were damaged while they were in the possession of the insured (Carrier), therefore we are unable to help you in resolving this. You are aware of this, but rather than be take your frustration out on the carrier, you have continued to slander our company, and we although we feel it’s unfair, there is not much we can do. So again, we are sorry to hear about your situation, but we cannot help you in any way. As a courtesy to you, we have offered you a credit on any future move to help alleviate the cost incurred to have your vehicles detailed, none of which was mentioned in any of your negative reviews. Once again, we are sorry you didn’t have a good experience with us and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
K. Hastings gave Bluestar Auto Movers a rating of: