View 149,368 Reviews on 3,541 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 149,369th Review now!

Poster: Nick
Date:7/25/2013 11:21:00 AM
Reviewed:Ship Your Car Now LLC.
Subject:DO NOT SHIP A BOAT WITH THIS COMPANY!!
Review:I am a salesman and representative with a boat company and I hired ShipMyBoatNow.com to have a boat shipped to Mexico for a customer and it was nothing but a nightmare dealing with this company.

Gary Hamblin was my point of contact and was very prompt with a quote and assisting me with the required paperwork to ship to Mexico, once they received prompt payment and appropriate paperwork is when the follow up stopped.

After the boat was built and ready for shipment the boat sat in our yard for nearly a month with out being picked up, Gary consistently pushed they pickup date back with an endless supply of excuses. There was almost no communication from their end, I had to constantly call to try and get a pick up date out of Gary.
Once a driver did finally show up Gary did not inform the driver that the boat required oversized load permits to be shipped to the port in Houston, TX. Yet more delays because Gary dropped the ball.

After expressing my outrage to Gary about the delays I was told by Gary that if I didn't watch my tone "He was not going to ship the boat and I would never see any of my money back".

After the permitting delays the boat was shipped to the port in Houston, TX. After the boat arrived in Progreso Mexico the boat was held by the boat shipper because Anthony Pizano with ShipYourBoatNow did not pay for the transport from Houston, TX to Mexico, yet more delays.

The customer was so irate with the delays it nearly cost me to refund the purchase price of the boat which is nearly $80,000, this was because of the lack of follow through from Gary Hamblin and Anthony Pizano at ShipYourBoatNow.

I would not trust this company to ship 4 ounces of junk mail two miles

I would recommend this company to NO ONE!

Response:Posted by a representative of Ship Your Car Now LLC. on 7/25/2013 3:23:00 PM
Ship your car now entered into an agreement to ship a 2013 Premier Bounty Water Sky Deck Boat from Elk River, MN to Progresso, Mexico. The transport was handled by Nick the salesman employed at Riverview Sports. We settled on a price and began the shipment. During the process, Nick was very helpful and open to all the feedback we, Ship your car now, provided about the transport for the boat being purchased by his customer. When the boat was finally ready for pick up, we scheduled a pick up to bring the boat and trailer to the port.

At this point, Nick became very antsy about the shipment, and called asking what was going on. We provided all information he required, and gave every assurance that the boat transport was being handled. Nick called the shipping line to gain more assurance, and this is where the entire transaction became confused. Nick called the shipping line and told them he wanted an update and said the boat was shipping from texas to mexico. We had already secured the best possible price for Nick at Riverview sports and this shipment was to depart from Florida. When Nick told the shipping line it was Texas, they rerouted the transport to Texas and billed ship your car now $1500 EXTRA dollars. This bill was a direct result of Nick bypassing the broker that he was dealing with and calling the shipping line directly and changing the transportation details.

We are deeply disappointed that this happened and had to eat all the additional costs involved to ship this boat. We were able to mitigate the damage from $1500 to $1000, but this is still a $1000 loss caused solely by Nick at Riverview Sports. We caution anyone that deals with Nick to be careful as he will go around you at any cost and not take any responsibility for his actions.
Nick gave Ship Your Car Now LLC. a rating of:

Quote or Order ID:431649-VX

Origin:Minnesota
Pickup:Late
Time from first available
date the vehicle was picked up:
Destination:Texas