Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport Companies by Customers. View 137,304 Reviews on 3,362 Auto Transport Companies.
Company Login

You Are 1 of 938 Active Visitors. Find Companies  |  Newest Reviews  |  Information For Transporters
Transport Reviews.com - Customer Reviews of the Vehicle Transport Industry
AA All Star Discount Auto Transport Inc.
Location:LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
Phone Number:310-310-3399
Website:http://
Time On Site:4 Year(s), 0 Month(s). Since 4/2/2010
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
All Star Direct Auto Shipping |

Have your own experience with AA All Star Discount Auto Transport Inc. to share?

• Subject: Bait & Switch: All Star Auto Shippers
    Review:This company is completely fraudulent. I was quoted $ 399.00 to ship, Brad said price and pick-up within four days was GUARANTEED. I called after five days: Brad said no one would pick up at this price, send another $450.00 and he'd ship it .I asked ... [ More ]
    Poster:Jim S.
    Date:3/19/2014 1:04:00 PM
    Subject: Did not honor contract
    Review:The contract read direct to Honolulu Hawaii for $1799. When I was told a trucking company was going to pick up truck I was told I needed to call Matson and arrange a fee for hawaii. My attorneys have clearly statedI was scamed. I m taking the nece... [ More ]
    Poster:John Oberholtzer
    Date:2/21/2014 4:50:00 PM
    Subject: Very Unhappy
    Review:I can't believe i actually choose this place, they used a one star carrier to transport my premium car. There was absolutely not communication at all from the carrier till the day i got the car and it took 10 days to get here. The car was dirty, dama... [ More ]
    Poster:MUJS33
    Date:1/24/2014 12:41:00 PM
    Subject: This company is a scam
    Review:They have two staff: Brad and Lisa. Through massive emails, they offered very competitive prices, but they never signed any contract. Instead you have to pay $299 deposit. I didn't do any online research, just paid and waited for my car to be picked ... [ More ]
    Poster:Cindy
    Date:1/15/2014 5:57:00 PM
    Subject: A real rip off. Do Not Use Them.
    Review:I was given a quote by All Star Auto Shipping that seemed to be very competitive - and they charged me $299 for a deposit. They never got a contract on the car, and after 4 weeks of being manipulated and screamed at - finally being told the cost t... [ More ]
    Poster:Bob
    Date:6/26/2013 2:50:00 PM
    Subject: RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THEM!!!
    Review:Subject: Avoid at all costs Review: Run as fast as you can from this company! They gave me a quote of $849 to transport my SUV from MD. to AZ. Paul was pushy and took a $299 deposit from me. He assured me that he would get my SUV to me for that pric... [ More ]
    Poster:Barbara R
    Date:5/20/2013 2:50:00 PM
    Subject: Kudos, Job Well Done
    Review:I bought a car online, which I never did anything like that before, and needed to get the car back home. I found All Star Discount online and they gave me a realistic quote and time frame. Glad I used this company, my car arrived safe and sound in gr... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks Penny, it was wonderful to work with you. Enjoy your new car. [ view ]
    Poster:Penny T.
    Date:4/17/2013 3:22:00 PM
    Subject: Wonderful Experience
    Review:No complaints- -it is always great when you can find a company to do the job you asked them to do and they go above and behoynd what you expected. The pick up was timely, the transport was quick and despite the competitiors that keep hounding me and ... [ More ]
    Response:Hi Audra, Glad you were happy with our service. Let us know if we can be of assistance in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:Audra George
    Date:4/14/2013 1:28:00 PM
    Subject: Horrible Experience
    Review:My husband and I were moving from Indiana to California and his car needed to be shipped. At the beginning of August 2012, I was quoted a price of $599, which I thought was amazing. I paid a deposit of $299.00 and expected the car to be picked up on ... [ More ]
    Response:What we say in almost every response on here, and to every customer we speak to is that we can't guarantee a specific day, and it says that on every shipping order. Despite this, people hear what they want, when Malone called we told her we would have a carrier as soon as we could but she told us she was canceling and making other arrangements. I guess the other arrangements was going with someone that raised her up a few hundred dollars to get her picked up right away, and she is upset over that. She further says she couldn't get in touch, but the person she spoke with was rude? So she did speak to someone, she just didn't like what was being said? We do our best to get cars picked up as quickly as possible, but being flexible is always the key to all shipping. [ view ]
    Poster:C. Malone
    Date:3/28/2013 10:49:00 AM
    Subject: AA All*Star Auto Transport,Inc Dont use them its a scam
    Review:They said they would deliver my car to Grand Rapids Michigan from Bradenton Florida fo $499.The pick up day was set and on the day of pick up I was told by Brad Taylor that the price had gone up $400 dollars and that there was nothing I could do abou... [ More ]
    Response:We strive to make every customer experience as happy and easy as possible. We do in almost all shipments and that is why are proud of our repeat customers and dealerships that we serve. Once in a while you get a customer like Scoot Lammers, a difficult, demanding customer who wants things his own way, no matter what we did or how hard we tried, he just wanted to scream and yell and make demands. Worst part for Lammers was this was an ENCLOSED carrier for the same price! Lammers canceled with the driver. We don't take things personally, as obviously we have learned when customers behave this way it is their own life and situation that is out of control, and just want to vent and lash out on anyone they can. Best of luck to him and especially to the carrier that transports his car for him. [ view ]
    Poster:Scott Lammers
    Date:3/22/2013 8:26:00 PM
    Subject: 3 SUCCESSFUL TRANSPORTS
    Review:I have transported 3 cars with AA All Stars in the last 8 months and am very pleased with the service they provided. Each time they were able to find carriers at the quoted rate and I have received my cars typically within a week and a half in all of... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks Jake, its always a pleasure when you call us. We are glad to have great customers like you. [ view ]
    Poster:Jake P Brown
    Date:3/22/2013 8:23:00 PM
    Subject: Buyer beware - Fraud
    Review:I can't believe I fell for this man's scheme. He told me it would cost 449 to transport my car from NY to MO, so I paid the $99 to save my spot on a truck. February 7 2013 I received an email notification that $99 was being refunded to my credit card... [ More ]
    Response:FRAUD IS ONLY BY KIMBERLY AND BEN ASPLUND. ABSOLULTEYLY NO FRAUD, IF ANYTHING WE SHOULD BE COMMENDED FOR BEING HONEST, AND ALLOWING THEM TO MOVE ON. BUT WE'VE LEARNED THAT NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED, especially in the world of car shipping! We fully refunded this customer deposit because we did not have a carrier to pick up for them on the timetable they needed. Due to the blizzard in upstate New York and the 3 feet of snow, which the customer doesn't even mention; there was no way a driver could get the car for Kimberly and Ben Asplund. They were angry, and did not want to understand that carrier's need to put the safety of the cars they transport as well as their own truck first, before they pick up cars in unsafe, snowy conditions. There were power outages, and even today, 3 days later, schools are still closed in New York where they were shipping from. We tried to explain this to Kimberly Asplund, but she became nasty and abusive. We decided it was best to part ways and let the Asplunds book with another carrier so they could be happy. They were charged a deposit which was refunded. Transport Reviews is a venting site for angry people like the Asplunds, as you can see for yourself. It is so rare that customers take the time to post a positive review, and write a quick note to say thanks, we received our car and appreciated you coordinating it for us. We pride ourselves in satisfying our customers, even when it means we must cancel an order if we don't feel we can get a carrier there on a customer's time table. Shame on Ben and Kimberly, abuse like that should not be tolerated. [ view ]
    Poster:Ben
    Date:2/12/2013 10:42:00 AM
    Subject: Excellent Customer Service
    Review:My younger brother is attending College in Florida and was in need of a car since his blew up. Called other transport companies and none of them would give me a straight answer as to when it was going to be picked up and dropped off and where very pu... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks Ray, it was a pleasure to work with you, and glad I was able to be of assistance. [ view ]
    Poster:Ray GhafooriThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/30/2013 9:28:00 PM
    Subject: response to AA All Star Discounts Response
    Review:I'm writing to respond to AA Star Discounts false accusations on Mary West's review of their company. The pick up location in Kentucky was not remote (5 miles outside of Lexington). It wasn't until AA All Star didn't agree to terms that we cancele... [ More ]
    Response:We strive to make each move a happy and pleasant one for all of our customers. Thankfully almost all of them are. Occassionaly, we run into customers that are difficult, as the case with Mary West. I am not sure what she means by saying our company didn't agree to her terms??? As why would any company agree to a customers terms? But whatever, we will agree to disagree with Ms. West's accounting of what happened. The bottom line, that she leaves out is, she went with another company for several hundred dollars more; which is basically bidding against yourself, never a good thing. As for the Better Business Bureau, that is a private agency, not a government agency. ABC News Show 20/20 reported on the BBB, and found that companies that are paid members receive high ratings. No Surprise of course! The terrorist group Hamas, received an A+ rating when 20/20 paid to join, as part of their report. Here is the link to that report : (just copy and paste into your browser). Better Business Bureau: The Best Ratings Money Can Buy - ABC ... ABC news.go.com › Investigative Unit [ view ]
    Poster:Mary West
    Date:1/24/2013 11:58:00 AM
    Subject: Complete Ripoff/ Rude
    Review:I beg you please do not use this company, He PROMISED us that our car would be pick up by thrusday, due to the fact that we were going out of town, after 3 days of not hearing from him we called and called. On Thursday he finally answered to fuss me... [ More ]
    Response:First and formost, this reviewer is telling you he was compensated to write this review. Obviously, we would NOT pay someone to write a review period, but certainly NOT A NEGATIVE ONE! Therefore, this compensation is clearly coming from a competitor, promising the world if Cortes, would write a negative review. Secondly, lets get the facts straight. Plain and simple, we are proud to say we NEVER PROMISE OR GUARANTEE A SHIP DATE. This is the first thing mentioned in our terms and conditions that customers accept in order to proceed with an order, as well as stating this on our website. It is sad that people resort to lies and fiction to post a review for compensation, but these are tough times out there and will do anything or fast cash. As we always state, each story has 2 sides, and we are strive to make each customers experience a happy and pleasant one. That is why we have repeat customers and recommendations. As with all reviews, please use your own judgement, read carefully, and realize compensated reviewer is never going to be an honest one. [ view ]
    Poster:Y. CortesThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/16/2012 10:47:00 PM
    Subject: RIPOFF
    Review:They took a deposit of $ 299 for a $ 699 transportation rate. I have been calling them for 2 days to find out about when the car will be picked up. They call to tell me that one driver could pick up the car in 24 hours at a rate of $ 1,199 !!!! mea... [ More ]
    Response:WHY DO PEOPLE WHO RANT ALWAYS LEAVE OUT THE BEST PARTS? Always read reviews, and realize every story has 2 sides, just like Judge Judy says. Thank goodness most of our customers are honest people that appreciate the hard work that goes into a transport and are not looking to take advantage of us or the service we provide. No idea, what Alberto is ranting about. He placed his order, then next day called to say it MUST BE PICKED UP TODAY! We can do that of course, but that is called an expedited order, and a carrier, not us, will get paid extra to provide rush service. Naturally, Alberto thinks he is smarter than all brokers and carriers and wants something that he is not willing to pay the carrier for the extra rush service. Apparently, Alberto DID put his car on carrier's truck that we found, thinking, he will cut us out of the deal by saying he canceled and went ahead with the carrier. [ view ]
    Poster:Alberto
    Date:11/8/2012 1:13:00 PM
    Subject: Read on and look somewhere else!!!
    Review:Lesson learned the hard way, NEVER: Give transport companies money until they have found a driver and are in a position to specify a pick up date and to honor the rate they quoted. New to how this business works, on August 11, 2012 I fell for a $5... [ More ]
    Response:First and foremost, we don't give a customer the first available pick up date. We have no idea when you want to ship your car. We ask you when it is available and we do our best to get it on or as close to date as possible. Angry Juan Trevizo put down 8/16 as his first available date. At 7am, on 8/16, upon getting into the office the phone rang, with Juan Trevizo demanding to know exactly what time today his car was going to be picked up. We responded with a simple question, have we called you sir? Based on his tone, we thought we had! We do our very best to answer each call and be as helpful as possible, but sometimes, when a customer is barking on the other end, and being rude and angry for no reason, it can be quite challenging. We told Juan that as soon as car was assigned we would indeed call him to give him details. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! His angry and fury continued and he proceeded to lash out and abuse for several minutes. A few hours later, we called Juan to tell him a driver had been secured for the following day. Too late, was his response, as he proudly told us he had called another carrier to give them the order and proceeded to tell us he was canceling his order. We are sorry everyone can not be as happy as most of our customers, but in all fairness, we successfully secured a carrier for this customer. If the customer tells us to cancel the order, we have no choice but to follow his wishes, as it is unfair and unproductive to send a carrier out. We are glad we were able to find a carrier for customer for the very next day and not sure why he is ranting, but sometimes the shipping of the car is the least of the customers issues!!!! [ view ]
    Poster:Juan
    Date:10/24/2012 4:53:00 PM
    Subject: Don't let cheap price sucker you in
    Review:I had a car in NC to ship to NY. My normal carrier has does them for $330 for the last few years. They didn't have any traffic to the area I needed to haul from. I have used one other company in the past that charge $450 and did a great job and did w... [ More ]
    Response:We settled our differences, and he was compensated, what more does he want? This is a great example , some people you can never be happy, no matter what you do for them. Obviously, the car shipping is not what his issue is. There seems to be something else brewing in his life, that is much greater and he is taking it on on us, which is unfair and actually quite sad. Most people are great, and appreciative and others just suck life out of everyone they meet, like Mark who is vening about nothing. [ view ]
    Poster:Mark
    Date:8/15/2012 5:57:00 PM
    Subject: Successful Transport
    Review:All Star did a great job of getting my car picked up rather quickly for me. I had previously tried to ship it with another company that had called me, but after 3 uneventful weeks and no trucks, I went back online and found All Star. They found Jim f... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Carli, it was our pleasure to work with you. We are glad we were able to assist you in getting your car to you. Good luck with dentistry school! [ view ]
    Poster:Carli G.
    Date:8/8/2012 8:06:00 PM
    Subject: BAIT AND SWITCH..SCAM ARTISTS
    Review:ORIGINAL PRICE ESTIMATE OF $499.00 . AFTER ONE MONTH OF WEEKLY PROMISES OF THE CAR GOING TO BE SHIPPED.. NO PICK UP WAS EVER SCHEDULED. WHEN I TERMINATED THE CONTRACT PAUL BALDWIN WHO ADVISED ME WEEKLY THE CAR WOULD BE PICKED SAID HE HAD A DRIVER BUT... [ More ]
    Response:We are grateful most customers happy with our service despite whether or not they run and post a positive review! We do find that anyone, especially when their facts are not correct, as with Mr. O'Connor seem to thrive on venting; frankly he is the scam artist in this transaction, distorting what happened. Quotes come from milage, carriers routes. We ALWAYS blow our competitition away with our professionalism and ability to find a carrier for each move at the best rate. Our repeat customers, dealerships, and many client referrals prove this everyday. What we ask for is customers flexibility and plain common sense. This move was coming from the remote end of Long Island to Oklahoma, a very uncommon route, happening during summertime, the busiest time of the year. Most people, would realize what a difficult move this was. A driver was secured that want slightly more than the quote. This extra money goes entirely to the driver, NOT to us. Mr O'Connor felt that we should work for free. He refused carrier and started making accusations that are false and without merit. [ view ]
    Poster:george oconnor
    Date:8/6/2012 11:14:00 AM
    Subject: Worst Experience Ever - Dishonest and Discourteous
    Review:Do not waste your time with this company. They mislead you from the first contact. After you fire them and go with another company, they will do everything possible to block you from moving your vehicles with another company. They hung up on me se... [ More ]
    Response:As much as we strive to satisfy every customer above and beyond their expectations sometimes, customers come in with unrealistic expectations. The facts are she had 2 vehicles to ship, and she double booked with another company and wanted her cars picked up immediately. She is not being honest on this review and wouldn't even use her real name; Cricket (aka, Mary Lee Masters) as I am sure you have already guessed. [ view ]
    Poster:Cricket
    Date:8/2/2012 10:49:00 AM
    Subject: Poor Service/Dishonest/Rude/Rip-Off
    Review:We placed an order in May 17th for a 1st available pick up date July 16, 2012. Along with this order we made a deposit of $299.00. They were very nice at that time. I called and reminded them ahead for a timely pick-up so that the car is delivered to... [ More ]
    Response:We are always disappointed when a customer can't be satisfied, however with each customer we try our best to get them the date they request, and the best possible price. Our strong work ethic and honesty has allowed us to make most customer experiences pleasant. However, when customers are not flexible, and do not understand the shipping process, things may not go the way they want. Firstly, we don't schedule the date, as Ashim states. We ask for first date available and do our best to get a carrier for that date or as close to it as possible. We all use same drivers and same trucks, and in the end, when Ashim cancelled, he basically used the same carrier to transport his car with another broker; at the same price, so not clear on what he is so upset about. He fails to mention that he had to have the car picked up on a certain day, wanted it get to TX there almost immediately which is unrealistic. [ view ]
    Poster:Ashim Bhowmick
    Date:8/1/2012 5:04:00 PM
    Subject: Efficient Transport
    Review:Very pleased with AA All Star's great work. They found me a driver (Stanley), to transport my car across country. All went very well and the cost was very competitive. For someone like me, that does not know a lot about this business, and was scared ... [ More ]
    Response:THANK YOU CHARLOTTE, WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT YOUR MOVE WENT WELL AND THAT YOU WERE PLEASED WITH OUR SERVICE. [ view ]
    Poster:Charlotte Mince
    Date:8/1/2012 1:26:00 PM
    Subject: Told me a price, gave me a contract and never honored it
    Review:After many different quotes we decided to go with this one. It was a flat rate, and the girl I booked with was very good at making me feel comfortable. We book the job June 21, a month out, and was confident they would do their job. We put down a s... [ More ]
    Response:'Got Nervous' does not do justice to describe Amy Hommen. She not only booked her cars with us, she also booked with two other transporters as well. We kindly tried to explain to her, while we have secured a carrier to pick up her truck and SUV, the carrier is reluctant and skeptical to schedule 2 spaces on his load, since two other brokers are actively trying to move her vehicles as well. Carriers do not want to get to the pick up location, only to find another transporter has beaten them to it, after they spend their time, fuel, and effort in unbearable summer heat and traffic for a "maybe" customer; who is waiting for a better deal to come along from another broker. We had a carrier to pick up both cars but Hommen did not want the carrier. She was baited, hook , line and sinker with Progressive as well as another fly by night company promising the world. What makes no sense is why the Hommen were so easily fooled by brokers that were poaching her! Frankly, we feel the scam artist is non other than Amy Hommen herself! Expecting a carrier to come at her whim, while she has obviously made arrangements with 2 other companies. While shipping and moving is stressful in general, customers that play games with us and our carriers should realize they are only hurting themselves. [ view ]
    Poster:Amy Hommen
    Date:7/19/2012 2:00:00 PM
    Subject: Kudos! Best Company
    Review:Glad to find this company. The did a great job in getting this car to me in a short time after making arrangements. Many of the other transporters are still calling me, but my car arrived last night. It was a good experience all around. All Star made... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks Magda, it was our pleasure to work with you:) [ view ]
    Poster:Magda
    Date:7/8/2012 1:28:00 PM
    Subject: THE WORST TRANSPORTER EVER
    Review:Plaese read this********************** Do not use AA All star discount transport EVER!! Rip off Quoted 249 to haul car total, paid total $249. Later he went in and edited/ added a $300 cod collect charge after .... I confronted him, he said this w... [ More ]
    Response:There is clearly confusion with this customer Brad Ferri and his shipping order. Firstly, Mr. Ferri was very familiar with our company and had come to us through a recommendation by the salesman at the Ford dealership he was purchasing his car from. He asked many questions, which we answered to his satisfaction. Once he placed his order, he wanted to expedite it; as he wanted the car immediately. We found a carrier, that wanted $50 more, since Brad demanded car be brought to him right away. That brought total to $299, not an additional $ 225 as he states. That is not correct. He didn't understand, and would not allow us to explain this was to the carrier, not our company, since he was in a big rush and wanted car right away. Brad Ferri was just angry and want to yell. Apparently he felt it was easier to just vent on the internet and call us names, and create a story that is not true. To prospective customers please understand, we do the best job we can while offering the fairest price and superlative service. Every so often a hot head like Brad Ferri comes along, that we must deal with, who without all the facts, makes accusations that are totally false and without merit. [ view ]
    Poster:brad
    Date:7/3/2012 1:01:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent Experience
    Review:Best transport experience ever. I have shipped serveral times before, as my job relocates me from time to time. This time, I decided to try a different company and went with All Star, after a friend used them and was happy with them. I found this com... [ More ]
    Response:Hi Aggie, Thank you for taking time to post your review of our company. Very glad you were happy, it was very nice to work with you. [ view ]
    Poster:Aggie
    Date:5/12/2012 11:12:00 AM
    Subject: Successful Transport
    Review:I used this company before, and had great success, and needed to move another car. They came through for me, just as they had the first time. All Star is professional, efficient, and econimical. Once again, they found a driver who went above and beyo... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks Hailee, we are so glad you shipped again, as it is always so nice to have happy repeat customers. Always our pleasure to work with you. [ view ]
    Poster:Hailee W.
    Date:5/8/2012 7:20:00 PM

A Towing.com Partner   An Auto Towing.com Partner
    Disclaimer: The reviews posted on this site are posted by persons that claim to be customers of the auto transport company that they are reviewing. Their opinions are theirs and theirs alone and do not represent the views and opinions of Valley Solutions, Inc., TransportReviews.com and Auto-Transport-Reviews.com. Visitors should not solely base their choice on these reviews. Companies and visitors are responsible for policing the reviews and alerting us to potential false reviews or reviews not posted by a real customer. To report misuse of this site please contact us.

© 2003-2014 TransportReviews.com and Auto-Transport-Reviews.com. All rights reserved.