View 169,109 Reviews on 3,813 Auto Transport Companies.
Facebook Twitter Google+

Reviews:

Reviews from All Customers.

Reviews from Customers who would use the company again.

Reviews from Customers who would NOT use the company again.

Newest Reviews

Please make selections above and click "Run Report" Run Report
Previous 1 2 3 Next
Page 1 of 7
Reviews 1-25 of 154
We move from Vancouver to Ottawa in the beginning of Sep 2015, so I would ship my car to Ottawa. I got a quote from the Auto Rail Forwarders via moveit.ca website on July 17, 2015 with a quoted price $1,689.35. I contact the owner Gerry on Jul 31 afternoon to arrange the shipment. Gerry was very nice at that time and said he could definitely do the job for me. He asked me to pay immediately by email money transfer to avoid a 5% price increasing on August 1. I trusted him and paid the full amount $1,858.85 ($150 plus tax extra for luggage) right away. To push me to pay him immediately, he even sent me the paid invoice before I paid to him. (I should be alert from this as it was weird, but I was silly to have trusted him.) However, as soon as he received the money, his attitude got totally changed. He had no talk to me in the following whole week. I got alert so I did an online search for this company and found that I was dealing with a very dishonest and bad company. One of Gerry's previous employees said that Gerry especially could not be able to transfer cars from Vancouver on a timely basis. As I must have my car in Ottawa on time, I contacted Gerry on August 6 (one week after I paid him) and asked him to ship my car as soon as possible. I told him that my car was ready to go any time from then. I even agreed to pay the storage fee if my car arrived in Ottawa before I did. He just said no worry and all good but no arrangement made for me at all. I waited for another ten days after that, but I still had no information from Gerry. On August 17, I asked him again if he had a schedule for my shipment yet. Again, Gerry gave me no answer about the schedule. I was really worried about it so I contacted other car shipping companies, and I found out that all of other companies gave me a quote with very specified schedule, with loading date, stops in between, and arriving date. So I contacted Gerry several times on August 18, and asked him for a shipping schedule. Again, no answer I wanted and he started not replying me or replied me with nonsense. I told Gerry on August 18 that if he still failed to give me a schedule of the shipment in 24 hours, I would cancel the service. Obviously no answer again. By the end of August 19, after I paid him for three weeks, as he had no schedule for me, I formally notified Gerry to cancel the service and requested my money back. You can imagine what he could do. No schedule, no answer to my question, and no money back. I sent him several requests to return my money on August 20 and 21, but he simply had no response at all like the person had disappeared! On August 24, as I could not even get the guy, I placed a complaint to Atlantic BBB and Moveit.ca, where I knew this company. They both contacted Gerry to intervene this case. With the pressure of BBB and Moveit.ca, he sent me an email on August 27, saying the refund WILL be sent to me. His previous employee warned the public that you may have to get a lawyer involved as Gerry never return money back for a cancellation. I also read a complaint from a client against Gerry saying that he did not get back his money from Gerry for a year! So I asked immediately Gerry to return my money by email transfer, the way he had asked me to pay him. Then, no response at all. I had to set up a case with Vancouver police department for a commercial fraud today. Gerry cheated me to pay money to him but could not do the job for me, no money back and no response. It has been ten days up to today (August 28) since I cancelled the service and asked for a refund with no luck. This is a most horrible business man I have never met since I had lived in Canada for 26 years! He has a F rating in BBB database. ...[More]
By Luke Lu on Auto Rail Forwarders about 11 Hours Ago
Contracted them to ship 3 cars from CT to SC. Scheduled pickup was Wednesday morning. No pickup by Friday night, constant calls went unanswered. Two calls stating carrier was 300 miles away and 120 miles away. Daughter received emai on Friday stating driver had flat tire and would pick up cars between 4 and 5 that evening. It never happened. Total of 5 reschedules which is appalling. Very rude to my daughter on phone so she hung up. I cancelled on Saturday and will be sending complaint to BBB in FLA. Will also advise members of CT car clubs to avoid their use. I was inconvenienced for 3 days with NO apologies or attempts to keep me informed of happenings. ...[More]
By Fred Sandella on Nice Car Auto Transport about 14 Hours Ago
So, I started my research to move my vehicle across the country about 6 weeks prior to the requested date. I started by submitting an online form (first mistake) which apparently was sent to 30-40 brokers who contacted me by phone and email. Little did I know that this is the worst way to go about this (I later learned) because what this essentially does is compete brokers against one another for your job but in the end, it does not reward a driver, who is the one ultimately being compensated (except for a broker's fee of ~$100). So after researching numerous brokers I selected Max Speed (my second mistake). I contacted them approximately 3 weeks prior to my planned date. They stated they had lined up a driver, provided me with what I thought was a reasonable quote (third mistake) and I provided a deposit (fourth mistake) and was all set (or so I thought). I called 5 days prior to ensure all was on track and was assured everything was set. I called the day before to finalize details and received the same assurance ...that being the driver will call to arrange specific time for pick-up. The day came (Friday) for the car to be picked up and no communication from the driver. By 3pm I was more than worried. I called my contact again and this time there was no answer. So, I called the main number and spoke to a manager who assured me he would call me back. He did about 45 minutes later only to tell me that they were unable to find a driver for the car because the destination was so remote. The manager stated he would work all night and into Saturday morning to find a driver but he was concerned because the price of my contract was low given the destination. He never called back the next day or for another three days. He finally called back the fifth day and asked if I was still interested in having him find a driver. I said NO and asked for my deposit back. It was refunded but the story continued with yet another disaster with another company. I have later learned that this industry, being unregulated as it is, is corrupt and fraught with deception. After experiencing still no success with my third company, I have concluded that I wouldn't trust anyone in the business. I'm driving the car myself....[More]
By Alan M on Max Speed Auto Transport LLC about 16 Hours Ago
after deciding to use all terrain transport because the salesman was friendly and sounded like he knew the business. (this isn't my first time shipping a car) i agreed to the (all inclusive price) that kevin turner gave me. he stated that the vehicle would likely be picked up the next day or day after at worst. i received the email with purchase number. i was contacted the next day by kevin turner who said that the truck was in route to get the vehicle. he said it would be late afternoon. i didn't receive the phone call from dispatch confirming pick up like he said so i decided to call in wednesday morning. kevin turner had given me his personal number but he refused to answer the phone. i texted him, still no reply. i called the company number about 4 time throughout the day. they refused to answer. finally late in the afternoon someone named jason smith answered. he told me the same story kevin had. truck was en route and had been delayed but not to worry. he said i had his word that the vehicle would be picked up "today". after not hearing from dispatch i called back on thursday and was refered to tracy, who also gave me the same story and said she would personally call me before noon. i began to feel like i was being lied to. i was able to contact a guy who shipped for me several times before and he said he could see the vehicle listed on the "board" basically a site truckers use to determine where pick ups are and what price was quoted. he said the vehicle was listed for $100 more than i was quoted. i imediately called tracy back. she said she had no idea what "board i was refering to. when i explained to her that i had shipped before and i knew about her company being a broker, she said i should hold. she came back saying not to worry because the extra hundrad was to be paid by them directly to "their" driver. i explained that i knew that they had no drivers and that they were strictly a broker. at this point she hung up on me. no one would return my calls after that. i had to call multiple times to get an answer. when i told tracy to cancel my order at this point he only reply was " thank you for your time". terrible service from a scam company who will tell you lies to get your business. and their brokerage fee is higher than any company i'v used before. highly recommend you find alternate company...[More]
By Michael on All Terrain Auto Transport about 22 Hours Ago
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. I dealt with the owner Steve who seemed very caring and friendly when he took my order and in a few conversations after. But when it came to actually picking up the car, he could not deliver what he promised and was basically unavailable leaving me to deal with moronic customer service people who could not figure out how to get my car picked up!!!. I told him a three day window when I needed my car to be delivered to my daughter's school. He guaranteed me that this could be done. The car was supposed to be picked up yesterday or today for a delivery two or three days from now. I packed up the car and spent literally all day on the phone with these people. At 6 pm, he finally says that he cannot have the car picked up for another two days which would get it to its destination too late. He did not at all seem concerned and his "customer service" staff were bordering rude and inept. They kept asking me WHY I needed it at my daughter's school on a specific weekend. What business is that of theirs? I signed a contract which specified a service and they could not deliver that service. They are so unprofessional and uncaring that I would never ever recommend them. He was so nice when selling the job then he was laughing at me when I said I was so frustrated. You cannot promise a service and not deliver at the last moment. Janine did call to apologize but in the end, I used RoadRunner who managed to get my car picked up with only a 12 hour notice. ...[More]
By JM on Auto Transport 123 on Aug 28 2015 12:02AM
Response from Auto Transport 123
Keith about 22 Hours Ago
Jackie, I apologize for the experience you had. The original carrier that we had scheduled for your daughters car to be picked up broke down. We t...[More]
This was the WORST transportation company ever. They lied about when my car would be delivered and held it in Philadelphia, saying I requested they store it in Philadelphia, when a had a a transport contract with a specific pick up and delivery location and pick up/delivery date. When I called and complained they weren't upholding their part of the contract, they threatened to hold my car in storage indefinitely. The proprietor, Scott, got mad because he couldn't keep his own lies straight, and he was mad he was called him on his changing information and dates. Guess he expects to work with clients who can't read a calendar or a contract. Had to hire a lawyer to get my car back. Had I not hired a lawyer, my car would still be in perpetual storage. Really lousy business, mean and angry owner who was nice only to get my deposit. He's a liar who will tell you anything to get your business, then ship your car when he feels like it. He even blamed the delay on a broken down truck on the highway....oh, but wait- he forgot he told me it hadn't even shipped yet, so how could that be?? I should have taken 5 days ended up taking a month. NEVER EVER use this company....[More]
By T. James on Wolfepack Transport on Aug 27 2015 11:00PM
These people are a scam! On August 5, 2015 I called Stateway Transport to arrange for pick up and transport of my son's subaru Impreza from Phoenix, AZ to Goose Creek, SC. My son is stationed at a Naval base and I was very clear that my son was only available to receive delivery of the car on a Saturday or Sunday. They assured me that this would happen. I told them that I could have the car ready for pick up that Friday or Saturday. George (the sales person) stated that it would be picked up on 8/8/15 and to please have it ready. A week passed and no one called or came by for pick up. It was never explained to me at that time that processing would take about 7-10 business days. On Monday 8/10/15 I called Stateway and asked what the status was on the pick up and transport of the subaru. The guy whom I spoke to said "oh, did they not explain to you what the process is?" He proceeded to tell me that they were having difficulty finding a driver in my area. On 8/13/15, I called again and spoke to David and asked what the status on the pick up was. He told me that they could not find a driver to pick up for the amount of money I was quoted (1195) and that they were still looking for a driver. He told me that part of the reason they were struggling to get a driver is because the price was too low for a drop off in Goose Creek (not much business out there, so they said) I then told him that I couldn't wait much longer and wanted to cancel my work order. He then responded that they were dispatching tomorrow or saturday (8/14 or 8/15) (wow, all of a sudden they found a driver!) I asked him, why had he just told me that they couldn't find a driver and now they had one as soon as I wanted to cancel my work order. He did not respond to my question. Instead talked over me and told me they were dispatching Saturday. I told him I wanted to talk to a supervisor and he told me he was a supervisor. He hung up on me. I called back and spoke with Jay. I asked him if I needed to cancel my work order would it be timely, as I did not want to incur a fee for not canceling timely. He informed me that it would be timely since they were having a hard time finding a driver to come out to Phoenix. I informed him that I wanted to cancel my work order in that case. He assured me that I would not be charged a fee for cancellation since the work order had not yet been dispatched. (I asked him three different times) Two hours later I received and email stating that my work order was dispatched and they charged my son's credit card for $95. I replied informing them that I did not want to proceed and that I had canceled with Jay. This company is extremely deceiving with their business practices. DO NOT USE THEM! I wish I would have read all the negative reviews before being involved with this scamming company. I had to put in a claim with the Chicago BBB for their misleading business practices. I'm not sure how they are still in business. ...[More]
By SMartinez on Stateway Auto Transport on Aug 27 2015 10:47PM
This is a follow up to a review I wrote-After I left a review and it became public here-our email was flooded with fake shipping quotes to ship everything from cars to horses. We must have received 300 emails today for multiple cars from FL to LA-moving quotes and Livestock. I spoke to a manager at ship your car now named Steve Today who told me he was unhappy with the driver that shipped my car ( USA Fast transport) I tipped the driver even though the car was late it was in good condition. Steve told me that he let the driver know he was unhappy. He was not supposed to take my tip and was to give a discount since the car was late. The carrier is a small company and of course you never want to hurt anyones reputation but since my initial contact for a quote did not reveal my real name-it is either ship my car now or usa fast transport who is sending out my email address to companies all day long. The emails have the name on the email which only they know. This is harassment and as ridiculous and immature as it is if it continues tomorrow we will have to take additional steps. This was the worst transaction for a car shipment ever. What else could these workers be capable of? I wrote a review this afternoon with a follow up and transport reviews sent me an email that stated ship your car now was claiming I was not a customer. Please be careful. These companies should be regulated. ...[More]
By Cincia on Ship Your Car Now LLC. on Aug 27 2015 10:31PM
I was told one price and charged $225 higher from them, held hostage by trucker to get my vehicle. Be ware of what they tell you. I had a large number of companies bidding on the shipping of my vehicle. I was given assurance by Anthony that the cost would be one price and then when the unit was in transport was transponder a much higher price by the trucker. No information was given me before the shipping. ...[More]
By James pellicciotti on All Weather Auto Transport on Aug 27 2015 10:15PM
Poor customer service in keeping the consumer advised on assignment of driver. The assigned driver was incompetent and did a poor job in contacting the customer. Heartland was able to locate another driver who actually did a very good job. However, the driver charged an additional $125.00. Heartland advised me that I would receive the $125 refund within a week (23 Aug 2015). After numerous phone calls, promises, apologies, etc., I have still not received my refund. The owner of the company is not proactive in trying to correct this matter and never returns or makes calls on behalf of his company's oversights. I must say that the lone representative Dan has tried to help and even communicated his frustration with the company not being responsive to my needs but I guess his hands are tied. Anyway, this is the type of issues that give the industry a bad name/reputation. I have had two (2) cars previously shipped and this incident has been the worst by far. I just want my $125 refund for all the time, phone calls, worrying, etc....[More]
By Jeff on Heartland Trucking on Aug 27 2015 1:51PM
I booked a shipment with them, they messed up the pickup date and time and blamed the controller, I was left in a position where I had to book and pay another shipment company as the car needed to be moved, I had no choice, to date they have not responded to any of my emails or refunded my $1150.00, I am writing this to hopefully get them to respond? I am also putting this in the hands of my lawyer and filling a complaint with the Chamber of Commerce. If anyone needs a good trustworthy shipping company please let me know....[More]
By Sean on Ship Your Car Now LLC. on Aug 27 2015 8:35AM
Here is the letter I wrote to management To whom it may concern, I had booked transportation through your company, #52445, third week in July and was told that it would be third week in August before pick-up. I was apprehensive at first, because I needed to get my car sooner than later, but your associate John told me not to worry, it would be worth the wait. I called last week to confirm pick-up, and I spoke to another gentleman. He told me it would be either last Friday or the beginning of this week. He said he would call me if it was going to be this Monday, but never heard from him. I called today and asked for John and he told me that there was an issue and now it would be at least another three weeks. This car has been sitting for a month, and now he wants me to wait for almost another? I am extremely disappointed that this is how you guys conduct business, if it were me, I would have hired a private driver and swallowed the cost because of a logistical error and incompetence. Luckily I found intercitylines who gladly help out my situation and is picking the car up Friday. This email will also go to Google+ and a few other review sites....[More]
By Adam on Passport Transport on Aug 27 2015 2:11AM
This company was unable to pickup the car when they said they would. When dealing with specific times that you need something picked up, I would not use this company, and I certainly will not ever be using this company. They missed the pickup time, and was not refunded my 250$ deposit. They stole money from me in my opinion and should not be trusted. Would not ever use again....[More]
By Ian Bennett on AA Car Transport LLC on Aug 26 2015 12:13PM
After receiving a number of quotes, I chose Nationwide because of their answers to my questions. The price was secondary to my scheduling needs. They lied on every question I asked. Nationwide does not own their own trucks. Nationwide does not have the ability to service the area they claim they visit all of the time. They did not return my calls as they said they would. They got a deposit on a service they knew they could not provide. Then they raised the price two times doubling the original estimate, and again lied about the service they were not able to provide. ...[More]
By David Fromer on Nationwide Transport Services on Aug 26 2015 11:23AM
We shipped my wife's Pontiac Grand Prix from TN to CA. The representative from Amerifreight (Graham) was friendly and helpful. I appreciated how he walked us through the process and kept us as informed as he could about Amerfreight's portion of the dealings. I was however disappointed with the company that accepted the bid. I was of the understanding that Amerifreight only allowed quality companies to bid on their contracts. VK Express accepted the bid. VK did not communicate very well with us to begin with and upon pick up we were rushed through the inspection. I noticed afterward that some of the rubber seal around the front windshield was tore up and that there was red paint on the inner edge of the door as if it been slammed into something as well as some other new scratches/dings.. I was upset but decided that since it is somewhat of a "beater car" anyways, I'd rather not have anymore dealings with VK and just fix it myself in my spare time. ...[More]
By Cody on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 26 2015 4:35AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Aug 26 2015 12:17PM
Duplicate...[More]
They talked the talk but as soon as the company got my credit card they completely disappeared, despite assurances to be there for any help. Elizabeth Evans ignored my emails and phone calls for 2 weeks while I sweated and stressed over the whereabouts of my vehicle. Awful customer service. The carriers had not been given the dates or anything and I had to pester endlessly to get anything done. Horrible experience. Do not use. ...[More]
By Mark W on Nation Auto Transport on Aug 25 2015 7:16PM
waited until the last minute to tell me that the quote almost doubled. they are scam artists and i would not recommend them to anyone. they were also very hard to get ahold of....[More]
By Martin on Economical Auto Transport Inc. on Aug 25 2015 7:00PM
The Freight Rate Company does not honor insurance claims... You purchase insurance through their site once you setup delivery details. They make you wait 150 days for a claim to go through and send you an email that the claim has been denied. This company is a joke and I wanted to warn people before they make the same mistake I did.... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! The Freight Rate Company went to pick up a delivery and said they would not ship it because it was not packaged correctly. The shipper corrected the packaging error and The Freight Rate Company went back and got the package to deliver. The package was damaged during shipping and they are not honoring the insurrance claim. These are horrible business practices and my attorney will be contacting them. They scammed me out of over $2000.00 .... Fraudulent company!!!!! Furthermore, The Freight Rate Company does not follow up with you in regards to the claim. The process is ridiculous as you have to call them, email them and hope you get a return call. I waited over a 150 days and had to hound them for the status of the claim. They staff gives you the run around and it is just disgusting all the way around! I own 2 businesses and I cannot believe the conduct of this company. They decline the shipping and demand specific packaging for the item. The shipper completes all packaging request. They pickup the package and damage the items. they deny the insurance claim. SERIOUSLY!!!!!! ...[More]
By Isaiah on Freight Rate Company on Aug 25 2015 5:37PM
He quoted me $650 total and asked for a $175 deposit to schedule pick up. When vehicle was delivered, driver had an invoice for an additional $700. I called Anthony and he stated that the $175 was for him to find me a driver, then also said that the actual cost of transportation had gone up by $50 (from 650 to 700). I called the carrier and he told me that Anthony had scheduled him for $700 from the beginning. Not only he STOLE $175 from me, he also under quoted me and then booked the carrier for $50 more. Do not use this guy, there are many honest people working in this business. I have been selling cars for 20 years now and this is the first time I've had to deal with such a crook....[More]
By Sebastian on All Weather Auto Transport on Aug 25 2015 5:25PM
We shipped a new, 2015 Subaru Forester. First of all they had a major problem picking up the car when scheduled. I had to drive the car an hour away from my home on my way to the airport to catch flight, which created a lot of stress. Then when the car arrived in Florida we noticed that the rear windshield wiper was not wiping the window, but the bottom below the window where the license plate is located. We also noticed that the hydraulic rod that connects to the hatch was loose and disconnected. In addition the interior plastic molding around the rear window was not attached. We couldn't figure out exactly what was going on until the next day when we were putting beach chairs in the car. We found small pieces of broken glass. It was now clear that the rear window was broken and then replaced, the wiper blade was put on backwards, the clip securing the hydraulic rod to the lift gateway was missing, the plastic panels on the inside were not installed properly. I called and talked to Eli (owner) three times and he promised me that he would get in touch with the driver and call me back, I never heard from him again. All I wanted from them was the amount it would have cost to have Subaru check the car and make sure the rear defroster worked, the wiper was ok, the window didn't leak and the clip replaced on the hydraulic rod for the lift gate. Totally irresponsible, never followed through, denied having any knowledge of the situation, but had no difficulty taking my money. No way to run a business, customers deserve better!!!!...[More]
By ron on Bright Auto Transport on Aug 25 2015 5:02PM
Neil the agent gave all lies in the book. Gave me the dates that he never had any control. Once I paid his part the basic reservation , never return calls. He pass the auto moving to tom, Tom gave me the option that to choose. As usual more lies. Driver never showed up. Tom pass the control to Andrew and he told me that both previous agents Neil and tom lied to me. Then Andrew started rest of the lies in the books, first told me will pick up the car on Saturday, first there was traffic, then the truck's had issue so couldn't come on Saturday. Monday finally picked up the car and told me that won't leave for another 4-5 days. Delivery was same. Neil never responded to any of the call, he was paid so don't care....[More]
By banu on Car Transport Express on Aug 25 2015 4:31PM
We requested a quote about 8 days before we needed to transport a car about 500 miles from Alabama to Georgia. We received automated messages saying that they had received the order and were working on it. I called and emailed every day after the order was placed and there was usually no way to talk to a live person. No one answers the phone and they only occasionally answer an email to say that they are working on it. I left multiple voice messages asking for an update on whether or not we would have a carrier and to get more information as to when the carrier could come. The long and short of it is that we had to call another company for a last minute pick up because we didn't receive a response from the company itself until the morning we were already moving and when another carrier was already en route to pick up the car. I would not recommend this company to anyone due to their lack of response, lack of customer service, and overall lack of professionalism that left us in a bind requiring a more expensive last minute carrier service. ...[More]
By Loan on Patriot Auto Transport LLC on Aug 24 2015 10:59PM
Never go here. NEVER. I received many quotes from many companies. When I was ready to send the car I called Imovers. I had a quote from them for $500, When I called, they raised it to $550. He said I'll call you right back, let me see when a carrier can come. I was told someone is in the area today (August 15th) If you agree just pay the $150 deposit and we'll send him. I went along and paid the deposit $150 for the $550 fee. 1/2 hour later I get a call and was told he all ready lest the area. Left the area in a half hour? Are you kidding me? A few days go by and believe me, I gave them a earful, I had to call cell numbers and office numbers to get answers. they were not professional, nor was I. I was HOT. They finally got the car 7 days later and guess what happens today, The driver wants to charge my sister $50 more because that's what his paperwork says. My signed copy says $550 total not $600. Here we go again, 6 phone calls to talk to someone, Driver will not drop the car unless he gets the $450 and Imovers says they are going to credit me back the $50. yeah I believe that.. You are scammers, blaming the carriers because you are just poor innocent brokers making your fee upfront so it doesn't matter what level of service is given after you feed your fat bellies. NEVER AGAIN!...[More]
By Kevin on iMovers on Aug 24 2015 9:39PM
I recommend to everybody do not never ever use this company for transportation reason been they give estimate price from new york to tx 675 $..175 deposit when u delivery the vehicle 500$ for truck driver. .He was lied when the truck driver came to deliver my vehicle he ask me 750 $it's 250 dollars more then he said his name is David. .so I paid 750+175..Also he gave the driver and me different prices. ..When I paid to down to him after that he never answered my phone not txt no emails. .The guy is just fucking lier ..The company not transportation it's just broker so please do not use this company nomore..thank u...[More]
By santhosh kulangara on Rock Bottom Rate Auto Transport on Aug 24 2015 9:06PM
Driver is very rude company doesn't pick up phone call driver tell us we can pick up car at his yard when ever he is ready and finish with his day off he says he is taking one week off so we have to wait one week before we can get our car. Try to call company left many message with no luck still haven't gotten no phone call back also still haven't gotten out unit yet. Would never want this company to pick up our car no more hopefully no one else use them...[More]
By Tommie on Ogiis Auto Transpor on Aug 24 2015 7:58PM